TTC Video – Mind-Body Medicine The New Science of Optimal Health [36 wmv, 1 pdf]|15.18 GB
In recent decades, science has revealed that the mind and body are intimately connected in ways
we haven’t previously realized—and this field of knowledge is now changing our understanding
of health and disease. While it’s easy to see that stress affects health and well-being, or
that your blood pressure rises when you’re angry, cutting-edge research shows that the
mind-body connection goes much further.
You will study this subject in compelling depth, with the expert guidance of Professor Jason M.
Satterfield of the University of California, San Francisco. These 36 eye-opening lectures offer
you a comprehensive overview of the field, providing rigorous answers to the questions of what
makes us sick, what makes us well, and what we can do about it.
You’ll look closely at the anatomical and biological systems through which what is
“outside” in the environment gets “inside” to affect our minds and bodies. You’ll also
examine recent research on subjects ranging from the impact our emotions and psychology have on
health to the crucial roles that social, cultural, and behavioral factors play. And you’ll
learn about effective mind-body treatments for numerous common medical conditions and
36 lectures – 31 minutes each, Plus a detailed 261 page PDF Course Guide included.
1. Weaving the Biopsychosocial Braid.
2. Vital Signs—Defining Health and Illness.
3. Fight or Flight vs. Rest and Digest.
4. Simmering Soup—The Neuroendocrine System.
5. Deploying the Troops—Basic Immunology.
6. Nature vs. Nurture—Genes, Health, and Disease.
7. Forget Me Not—Cognitive Function.
8. Mind over Matter—Cognition in Everyday Life.
9. Emotions Revealed—Psychology of Emotions.
10. Agony and Ecstasy—Biology of Emotion.
11. What’s Your EQ, and How Can You Improve It?
12. What’s Your Type? Personality and Health.
13. An Apple a Day—Behavior and Disease Prevention.
14. Staying on the Wagon—Making Changes That Last.
15. Ease the Burn—Modern-Day Stress and Coping.
16. The Iceberg—Visible and Hidden Identity.
17. Ties That Bind—Relationships and Health.
18. Building Bridges—Intimacy and Relationships.
19. Touched by Grace—Spirituality and Health.
20. A Matter of Class—Socioeconomics and Health.
21. A Cog in the Wheel—Occupational Stress.
22. The Power of Place—Communities and Health.
23. The Master Plan—Public Health and Policy.
24. Heart and Soul—Cardiovascular Disease I.
25. Heart and Soul—Cardiovascular Disease II.
26. The Big C—Cancer and Mind-Body Medicine.
27. Bugs, Drugs, and Buddha—Psychoneuroimmunology.
28. Fire in the Belly—The GI System.
29. Obesity—America’s New Epidemic.
30. The Strain in Pain Lies Mainly in the Brain.
31. Catching Your Zs—Sleep and Health.
32. Chasing Zebras—Somatoform Disorders.
33. Seeing the Glass Half Empty—Depression.
34. Silencing the Scream—Understanding Anxiety.
35. Lingering Wounds—Trauma, Resilience, Growth.
36. Tomorrow’s Biopsychosocial Medicine.