Packt Publishing – Building Effective Microservices | 845.18 MB
A practical course packed with step-by-step instructions, working examples, and helpful advice on getting started with microservices. This comprehensive course is divided into clear bite-size chunks so you can learn at your own pace and focus on the areas of most interest to you.
Microservices is an architectural style that structures an application as a collection of loosely coupled services, which implement business capabilities. The microservice architecture enables the continuous delivery/deployment of large, complex applications. It also enables an organization to evolve its technology stack. Microservices are easy to scale independently and guide you in moving your application from a Monolith to a Microservice architecture.
We start the video with a brief introduction to Microservices and show you how to address challenges in a practical way. This video course will guide you in setting up the environment for implementing Microservices. It will take you through building your very own microservices using tools like REST and GUICE and then help you to set up your client for discovery and also in communicating between the Microservices. The course will then show you on how to assemble the microservice by making it observable and adding a client load balancing for your microservice.
Finally, the video will show you how to test and monitor your application for improving the performance and deploy your Microservice to the cloud. This video will set a solid foundation for you to start implementing Microservices in the everyday task.
What You Will Learn
• Understand and set up the environment for your microservices
• Implement Docker and Docker compose in your microservices in the overall architecture
• Explore the Hystrix dashboard for your environment to monitor operation in real time
• Build your project with Gradle for better efficiency.
• Run Health Checker, Interceptors, and RxNetty on your microservice
• Configure the Eureka Client to discover services
• Create a dynamic configuration with Archaius for configuration management
• Walk through assembling a client and its microservices
• Deploy and monitor your microservices for better performance